Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Shrinky Dinks


Linus made his first shrinky dink yesterday.  He chose to do a snail pendant. I traced the picture and he colored it with colored pencils. We punched the hole in it together.  I asked if he wanted to turn it into a zipper pull or necklace and he chose necklace.  He selected the beads and slid many of them on without help.  We did a few of them together and he pointed out, "We're working together. We're a team."  He also told me I did a good job.  He wanted to spell a word with the letter beads. We didn't have an "S" so we couldn't spell Linus or snail.  He then told me he wanted to spell "me."  He is very proud of it and showed it off to his friend Chase.

We've had two play dates at home in the last week and he and his friends have played very well together.  The moms and I intervened hardly at all and Linus gives his friends hugs when they leave.  One of the best things about play dates at home is how excited Linus gets. He stands on the couch and watches out the window for his friend.  As soon as he sees them he starts squealing and runs to the door. Linus is playing with Chase and Barrett for the most part.  We don't have play dates with Lucero any more because I find her mom to be too taxing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Lucero's mom doesn't read this blog!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sara said...I was thinking the same thing!!! Still, how wonderful for him to have that excitement of play dates as a child. What a wonderful memory you are creating for him.

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, Brandon is totally into snails right now. He's drawing them everywhere. Super Snails and Evil Snails. I think Linus' snail is a Super Snail because it is not saying "I will be king!" which is what indicates a snail of the evil variety.

Stacey said...

No, Lucero's mom doesn't read this blog.

Stephanie, do you recognize the shirt as being Brandon's?