Friday, December 15, 2006

Transitional Objects and Separation Anxiety


Since Linus has started with assisted walking, he clings more to Lovey and needs Bink in his mouth much of the time. If he is standing at the settee and playing with toys on it, I have to make sure he has Lovey or Bink before I can leave the room. If I don't, he gets distressed and cries. When I sit on the floor by him while he plays at the settee, he will turn and step toward me every few minutes just to touch me. Then he returns to playing. Last night he woke up twice in the night and it was hard to get him back to sleep. He wanted us to hold him and he cried rather hard when we put him back in the crib. We tried just leaving him there to cry himself to sleep, but it didn't work. We finally just brought him to bed with us. Needless to say, we are all tired today. He didn't seem to be teething so we wonder if he woke up and had separation anxiety. Raising a kid is a lot of guesswork.

In this picture he is standing by the pants I sewed for him. I'm disappointed in how they turned out. They are too big in one respect and too small in another. I was so proud of making him nice pants, but now I think I'll stick to buying him pants. At least they'll fit and he won't look goofy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please note the cute outfit he's wearing today which was a gift from...me!!!

It's so funny to see items I purchased before he was born now that they belong to an actual person. (Does that make sense?)

I'm also happy that he gets so much comfort from his Lovey that we got him.

Brandon went through phases of a couple months at a time when he'd get up in the night. Then it would go away and then in 6 months it would come back. Linus is probably just excited for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Susan says...he is excited to get his Amazing Animal Train, that can not be bought anywhere in town may I add, but he will have one due to Aunt Susan's wonderful planning...

Anonymous said...

The stitchery under the table looks complex!! Couldn't help noticing it and trying to figure out what it is....a little boy?

Stacey said...

Star, the stitchery is the ornament I'm making for Linus. It is of a gingerbread boy surrounded by fruit. I'll post a picture of it when it is done.

Yes, the cute turtle outfit if from Stephanie. It is a 12 month size. He will soon be too big for his 6-9 month pajamas.