Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Holiday Sweets, Installment 3



Our neighbor, Anna, had a holiday party on Sunday. It was really great seeing some of the neighbor kids that we haven't seen much of since it started getting dark so early. It cracked us up that the sweets were on the coffee table right at toddler-height. In the first picture, little Charlotte is looking at her dad, Anna Louiza is telling Lucero she's had enough, and Linus is grabbing at a chocolate.  As the party was starting to wind down Linus and Alex started running laps though the house by running through the living room, entry way, guest bedroom, and dining room. As Linus completed each lap, I held my arms up above my head and cheered, "Yay!" He started doing it too. Juliana positioned herself at the entry way and Matthew positioned himself at the hallway between the bedroom and dining room to make sure no one got hurt. Alex's little brother Max joined in, but was easily distracted by the Christmas tree and his mama.

Linus didn't have as many tantrums yesterday and he's only had one so far today. I need to check out Happiest Toddler on the Block again from the library.

In one of Linus' books there is a line about a cat looking for something wild to eat. Linus has started to follow that line up with giraffe and camel. I don't remember telling him they were wild animals, but he picked it up somewhere.

I told Linus that grandma wants to bake and read books with him. He replied, "Cookies. Sprinkles." He has also been talking about Junie all of the time. He'll say, "Junie. Yogurt." I say, "Junie doesn't eat yogurt yet" and he'll say, "Bananas." He also says, "Junie. Hug. Kiss."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's right...Junie DOES eat bananas, although not in the form he'd recognize! But no yogurt yet, sorry Linus. She gets to start a new food tomorrow. Peaches, maybe? Maybe he can help feed her bites of food when he's here!

Anonymous said...

If Linus gets to help feed Junie you HAVE to post a video. What a hoot that would be! I love that Linus is grabbing for the chocolate. Yay Linus! You know what's good!