Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sweet


Here is Linus licking the beater when we made a cake together last week. He helped me sift the dry ingredients together. (When I shared this story with the neighbors they were astonished that I sift.) His fine motor skills are improving and less of the batter or dough gets thrown around when he mixes by hand.

Linus has been driving me a bit batty with some of the conversations we have repeatedly from morning until night. The main one goes like this:
Linus: "Yogurt?"
Me: "You can have yogurt for breakfast."

Later--
Linus: "Yogurt?"
Me: "You already had yogurt."
Linus: "All gone."

We have this part of the conversation throughout the rest of the day. If I give in and let him have a second 8-ounce yogurt, he gets very gassy and last night he wouldn't eat dinner. When we bring groceries home, Linus puts the yogurt away on a lower shelf in the refrigerator and I let him pick which one he wants each day. He knows that his yogurt has a cow on the container.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least it's a healthy vice.