Wednesday, November 19, 2008

First Snow 2008

I find it laughable to look at this picture today because that first snowfall last week melted by day's end and yesterday we had a record-breaking high of 78 degrees.  Lest the Wisconsin folks think I'm lording over you with this, I'm not; I'm actually quite annoyed that I'm sweating outside one week before Thanksgiving.  I'm pestered by the yard work that still needs to be done and I have no excuse to put it off until spring because it is nice enough to work outside.  

We went for a pleasant walk in the neighborhood to look at everything with snow on it.  When we got cold we came home and had hot chocolate together.  Linus asked why and I told him that it is fun to have hot chocolate after playing outside in snow.  He accepted that answer.  

A woman at the grocery store was laughing at me while she listened to Linus' constant stream of questions.  We ended up at the check out together and she asked how old he is. When I told her he is 2 1/2 she said, "I can tell."  She got a kick out of it.  I'm so used to hearing him ask me why that when I say things to him I immediately start thinking of an answer, even when he doesn't actually ask why.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't help it. That is a JC White expression if I ever saw one!
Jean

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sara said...He is adorable in his coat. Kiss him for me!

Stacey said...

I bought this coat for him on clearance at the end of winter 2006-2007 with the intention of it fitting him for winter 2007-2008. It was huge on him, but I had him wear it anyway. I pulled it out this fall and found that it still fits. So although he probably looked a bit frumpy in a gigantic coat last winter, I'm pleased that he is getting so much use out of it. The size 3T coat we have for him used to be Brandon's. I'm guessing Linus won't fit into it until next winter.

Anonymous said...

Questions are good. They're a sign of the wheels spinning in the brain.

That's my excuse , anyway.

Anonymous said...

I want to relate a story: Linus has been told to "listen to his body" so he makes it to the potty on time. This came back unexpected ways when "his body" wanted extra dessert. I've told him I think his mind wants the dessert..

Well, the other day we were sitting down to lunch and LInus enthusiastically reported, "my mind and my body will have an adventure together!"