Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Big Pants Beget Little Pants

I bought a pattern to make Linus some pants, shirts, and a little fleece hoodie. The pattern is at Simplicity and you can look up pattern 5316. It turns out that the pattern pieces for pants are small enough that I can cut them from old pants of ours. Matthew's pants tend to wear out at the cuffs, which leaves plenty of good fabric to make pants for Linus. I started by cutting out pieces from my first pair of maternity pants. I tore out a knee when I fell in Dallas last November, but there is still enough good fabric to use. Right now my plan is to make two pairs of pants, a shirt from a knit shirt of mine that is stained (but still has plenty of good fabric for a baby shirt), and I bought striped fleece to make a little hoodie.

My browser continues to crash when I try to add photos. I use Safari and perhaps Blogger has changed in some way that it doesn't work with Safari. Hopefully they fix it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked at the Simplicity pattern. It is so cute! How nice it will be for Linus to be all snuggled into his new clothes, made of Mommy and Daddy's clothes!

Anonymous said...

I think your picture problem is related to Blogger's interface with Safari on a Mac. I think using Mozilla Firefox instead of Safari on a Mac solves these problems. But I think it's something they're working on fixing too. (All this is secondhand from a Mac-blogger...)

Susan said...

How nice that you can make Linus clothes. He will look quite cute I am sure. I can't wait to see him on Friday. I will be at Sara's waiting for you guys, in case she is late from work, and I will have my little Lucy!