Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Countdown to Cereal



According to the advice given by pediatricians, Linus can have rice cereal as of this Thursday. Over the weekend we put Linus in the highchair to see how he would do with sitting up. With him safely buckled in and the tray in as far as it goes, he sat up quite well. He seems to have the stamina to sit long enough for some cereal. I'm on the hunt for organic rice cereal that isn't by Gerber. I have two places to look. We figure that the best time for his first try at eating is in the morning, since that is when he is the most content. For Matthew to be a part of it, that means waiting until the weekend. I think we need to try sooner because the kid seems hungry. He's started waking up between 4 and 5 a.m. to eat and then goes back to sleep. Breastmilk and formula just aren't doing it for him anymore.

Enjoy these cute pictures. We thought he was looking so big until we put him in the highchair. His little legs are so cute peeking out under the tray. Star, he's in the monkey outfit. More pictures to come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a big boy! He's ready to go. Give him a spoon to bang!

Anonymous said...

He certainly looks ready to eat!! Can't wait to see him with that monkey hat on!!

Anonymous said...

Had to believe he is starting cereal. Did you try Woodmen's for that. Ithought I saw it there!

Anonymous said...

The last comment came from me, What am I doing wrong.

Pat