Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Story Time


Stephanie got Linus a copy of the board book "Dinosaur Roar." This was a favorite of Brandon's that Star bought for him when he was a wee one. I read to Linus every day. We stick to the same two books for a week or so and then I pick two different ones. This way he can get to know them really well. Lately we've been reading "Who Am I? Birds" and "Wow! Babies!" I notice that when I read the page about the baby ostrich, Linus responds more. I wonder if this is because it is my favorite page and I read it more enthusiastically. The book about babies has photos of babies and Linus likes looking at them. There isn't much text to read, so I just explain what the babies are doing.

A couple of weeks ago Stephanie emailed all of us Crease girls to ask what our favorite books were from childhood because she was attending a baby shower and everyone was supposed to bring a favorite book. That let loose a torrent of emails back and forth about favorite books and who has copies of ones that are now out of print. Two of my favorites to this day are Amelia Bedelia books and Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books.

P.S. Blogger won't let me italicize the book titles, so they are in quotes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were supposed to underline book titles.

Anonymous said...

Italicizing is equivalent to underlinging, according to MLA standards! Tee-hee. I've been in school forever!!!

Stacey said...

I think that back in the day of typewriters, one couldn't not italicize, so one had to underline book titles. Now that we have computers, we can choose to underline or italicize (my preference is to italicize), but alas, Blogger won't let me do either.