


We had a blast with Linus' birthday party yesterday. We were surrounded by family and friends. We ate lunch together in our living room and Linus was grinning as he looked around the room at the guests, the streamers, and the presents. He enjoyed his lemon cake topped with lemon cream cheese frosting and he had some vanilla ice cream, too. When we measured Linus on the growth chart I made for him, he came in at 29 and a half inches. Then we helped Linus open his wonderful birthday presents. Last night after dinner he was going from toy to toy and walking around with the little cars from Grandpa. When we went to bed, I couldn't fall asleep right away because I was thinking over all the great parts of the day. I'm happy we were able to give Linus a fun birthday party.
We celebrate again tomorrow on his actual birthday with waffles for breakfast.
We have Alex to thank for so many great photos of the party.
3 comments:
The picture of Linus with his socks is the one I selected from Flickr to show everyone at work. Funny that you chose it too!
Two funny things: It occured to me last night the sweater you were wearing yesterday is identical to the one I wore at Brandon's first birthday. For real. Identical.
Brian had given up ice cream for Lent and totally spaced it and had ice cream at the party. On the way home it dawned on him and he said "oh man!" (not like Swiper). Brandon wanted to know what the deal was so we explained Lent to him. A few minutes later he said "I chose pizza." I said, "huh?" and he said he chose pizza to give up for Lent which is why he didn't eat it on Saturday night. Ha!
Stephanie, not only is the sweater identical, it is the exact same sweater. No kidding!!! You passed it on to me a few years ago and I still wear it. I had planned on wearing a different red sweater, an acrylic one, but it wasn't in my closet. That is kind of creepy. On the other hand, that is so awesome that we wore the same sweaters for our babies' first birthdays.
Tell Brian it should be okay that he had the ice cream. I'm sure he can get a dispensation for Linus' birthday.
I didn't realize I gave you that sweater. I was looking at it thinking how much it looked like the one I used to have and it wasn't until that night it dawned on me that I wore it at Brandon's first party. And in regards to Brian, you know how it is with Catholics, he just has to confess and all is well.
Post a Comment