Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Political Activist in the Making


Last Thursday there was a state budget hearing at the National Railroad Museum here in Green Bay. Linus and I went so I could register support for two budget items: extending domestic partner benefits to state employees and providing $17 million to clean PCB's out of the sediment in the tributaries to the Great Lakes. Our friend Jessica was there all day. She works for the Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters Institute and was handing out granola bars to conservationists who were waiting a very long time to get to speak before the 20 legislators. We brought her a latte, registered my opinions in writing, and visited with some Democrats. Here Linus is posing with Jessica. He attracted a lot of attention. He was the youngest person there.

The last of the three movers have come through and I've met with the last of three realtors. Linus has struggled with sharing me with these people. He is used to having my undivided attention. He's been a trouper, but now appears to be teething more. He slept a lot yesterday and didn't eat any of his dinner. We gave him Tylenol and Ora Gel, but neither helped much. He ate well at breakfast, but isn't fully himself today. He has needed lots of snuggling from mama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sara says: send him to Madison, I will snuggle with him!