Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Birthday Kisses



I'm not the only one to give Linus a birthday kiss. Johanna planted one on Linus at his party. That was a really sweet moment and I'm glad Alex got a photo of it.

So today is the big day: my baby is one. Each time I look at the clock, I remember what I was doing at that time on this day last year. Right now Matthew and I were listening to Public Radio and playing a game in between my very manageable contractions. I had already been in labor eight hours. I was excited and feeling good about things. As we all know, my labor got more complicated; but, near the very end of April 3, we had our Baby Linus.

Getting Linus is the best thing that ever happened to me. This kid warms my heart when he takes my finger into his little hand and pulls me along for his adventures. He has started giving me sweet hugs and now and then a goofy kiss. His eyes light up when he sees me in the morning. He's the one I worry about when he is sick, I research for in library books and online, and I miss when I go to the grocery store alone. He's my Linus, the best baby in the whole wide world.

This morning was a bit hectic because we opened presents, ate waffles, and took Linus' 12-month photo on the settee before Matthew had to rush off to work. Then Linus and I went to vote in the spring election. The grandmotherly poll workers oohed and ahhed at how cute Linus is and they gushed when they heard it is his birthday. He beamed at them and then tucked his face into my shoulder in that cute way that babies do. Just now I ran down to answer the door and our neighbor was there with a present for Linus. She remembered his birthday! How sweet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Our Baby Linus is one. He is such a gift to all of us.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Linus!!

Susan said...

He looks so grown up in this picture. Happy Birthday little one!