It was chilly and windy out yesterday, so we didn't play outside too long, but Linus still managed to burn off some energy. We played ball, I blew bubbles for him to chase, and he picked his very first dandelion. He also poked around at his first anthill, which is what he is doing in this picture.
Linus is turning into a little person more and more. He gives me the greatest hugs. He gives them with such enthusiasm and today he gave me about a dozen in around five minutes. He must have sensed I needed them.
The best way to describe my packing is that it is Linus-driven extreme multi-tasking. This morning for example: he took me into the living room. While he played, I pulled the plastic and tape off of the windows in preparation for the window washer this weekend. Oh, wait, now we are going into Matthew's office. He explores and I pack two boxes of books. Uh oh! He's stuck behind some things. After I execute a rescue, Linus takes us back into the living room. I finish another window while holding Linus. Then I start sorting bags of baby clothes into those I can sell to a resell shop and those to go to Goodwill. Linus gleefully assists by shoving clothes into bags. Not necessarily the ones I intended. Then he runs off with some of the clothes and I find tiny size 3-month pants in his blocks basket and a 3 month onesie in Matthew's office. Upstairs I tackle our bedroom windows and the top of Matthew's dresser while Linus walks around with my Shakespeare action figure, sans feather pen and book, which are choking hazzards. Then I spy Shakespeare in the trash and I talk to Linus about that not being such a good place for the Bard. After this, we head back downstairs to read books and then Linus decides it is fun to cover my face with his new sun hat.
1 comment:
Susan says: I laughed so hard reading this. This is like my life with Lucy. Nothing is easy. I find clothes under my pillow, and tupperware in the toy box. I can imagine how hard this all is for you!
Post a Comment